How trading works
We are so excited to add you to our trading community. We have hundreds of customers trading in their items for brand new pieces! You are sure to love this sustainable fashion approach!
Now that you have discovered this innovative way of trading your pre-owned items for new ones, let us explain the process:
1. Review the designer list below:
2. Sign the agreement and fill out your FREE UPS label.
- box up your items
- print and affix label onto box
- drop if off at any UPS store or drop box
3. Once your box arrives at Licia Headquarters, we inspect each item and ensure it is sellable.
4. We then research your items, send you an inventory report to the email address provided on your contract and offer you 2 options for compensation:
- You will be notified by email of our offers. Upon acceptance, you will immediately receive store credit in the amount of our offer, which can be used instantly. or
- You will receive 63% of the sold price into your store credit account for your next purchases. We will list them online for sale for up to 1 year. Items will generally appear for sale within one week of their arrival. 50% of our items sell within the first 14 days. Less popular items need more time and work to sell. In most cases everything will eventually sell!
- Remember there are NO fees with Licia Trades.
- The process is just that simple and fast...
5. Our services include:
- Conducting market research
- Authenticating your items
- Taking professional photos
- Writing detailed descriptions
- Taking accurate measurements
- Listing your items on eBay, bonanza, the find, google and our website for maximum exposure
- Handling all aspects of customer service
- Securely Ship your items out
6. We can only make money for you and offer the highest quality merchandise if we accept the right pieces from our traders. So please understand that these policies are necessary for both parties to succeed.
- Clothing and accessories should be no more than five years old. Vintage Couture items are an exception to this rule.
- Items with an original retail of at least $75.
- Clean and in wearable condition (If it has RIPS, TEARS or STAINS please contact us, you will be surprised on what alterations we can do)
- Accessories - We can sell your better costume and fine jewelry, sunglasses, shoes, vintage bags and vintage jewelry
- Purses and wallets - in good condition and clean
- Must be authentic designer, we do not accept fake items, no exceptions!
7. We consult with stores, boutiques and designers in an effort to sell their overstock. Please contact us for more info at email@example.com or 401.400.CHIC for your bulk items.
Designers we accept
Designers we do not accept
We love all brands but some brands while great in store just do not sell well online. That's why we created this list of brands we don't sell as a guideline when sending in items. Don't see a brand you have on the list? Give us a call or email and our client services team will be happy to go through the items with you.
BRANDS WITH EXCEPTIONS
Cashmere, Collection, Leather
Only Designer Collaboration Items
(ie: Lanvin for H&M)
No Casual Wear
Q. What happens if my items don’t sell?
In the event that your item does not sell within the 120 day period, you will be offered three options:
- Request unsold items to be returned at trader’s expense.
- Item will be auctioned at a starting bid of $9.97 and if sold the consignor will be credited 63% of the selling price.
- Donate to our favorite non-profits groups. We will be happy to give you a tax deductible receipt.
Q. How We Determine Price?
Once we receive your items, we examine and research them in order to determine how they will be priced to sell. We base our prices on four main criteria:
- Brand Name
Q. Will you consign my wedding apparel?
Yes, we will consign it if it falls under our guidelines. To find out if your wedding apparel will be considered for consignment, please fill out the form. We will respond in 24 hours or less.
Q. What price will my item go for when I consign with Licia Trades?
Every item is different. With over ten years experience in online retail, Licia Trades knows exactly how to market your item to get the maximum sale price. You can be confident that we will get you the highest amount possible for your item.
Q. How can I view my items?
In the event you decline our instant offers, we will list your items for sale. Once listed you will be sent an email with your all listing information.
Q. How do we know its Authentic?
Each item that is placed for sale at Licia Trades must first pass our Authenticity Inspection. We have in-house authenticity experts that review and analyze each item in this step-by-step process. Touching upon all pertinent commonly known authenticity elements to the more obscure, we always make sure our customers get the real deal.
Q. How do I check my credit balance
You can check your balance online here 24/7.
Q. How do I use my Trader credit?
Once you have made your selections and proceed to checkout, enter your Traders certificate code (which was emailed to you) in the right side box under "do you have a gift certificate?'
Q. Can we trade under garments and swimsuits?
Yes, we accept these but must be clean without stains
Q. I see something online I would like to trade for, how do I secure this particular item?
As soon as we are notified from UPS that your trade-in is in route we can hold this item for you.
Q. What is the most unusual item that has been accepted for traded-in?
We successfully accepted and re-sold kosher virgin human hair wigs.
Q. Why trade with Licia?
With other consignment companies, one must wait for your items to sell, with our instant offer system, there is no time to waste and you will be able to purchase immediately.
I still have a question. How can someone assist me? If you have any additional questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us. Quickest response is via email or live chat, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call us at 1.401.400.CHIC (2442). Our office hours are 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday - Friday.
*Look for the live chat button, at the lower left-hand side to check if we are online.
- Trade Now
- Print your UPS label
- Trading Procedures
If you have not traded with us before, please click on Trading Procedures tab for detailed info.
Just follow these 6 easy steps:
- Click on Designers tab for guidance on the types of designer labels that we do and do not accept. The list is not exclusive but should give you a pretty good understanding of the types of pieces that we look for.
- Click on Agreement tab and enter your info. Once completed, a copy will be emailed to you. We will also be notified to expect your items for arrival.
- Box up all your items to send to us. Weight will be adjusted once UPS receives package but you can enter an estimate. (If you have a household scale step on it and note your own weight. Then pick up the box and step on the scale. The difference in weight is the weight of the box.)
- Click on Print your UPS label tab and enter your info
- Attach the prepaid label to your package and drop it off at any UPS store.
- We will email you with your inventory list and instant offers once your shipment arrives at LT headquarter, within 2 days.
If you have any additional questions just prompt the chat at lower left-hand side and we will be happy to assist you.